Phone: (425) 800-8195
707 S Grady Way #600
Renton, WA 98057
Suffering an injury while you’re performing work duties on the job can result in temporary or even long-term loss of income. Not to mention all the pain and stress while you’re recovering. If an injury prevents you from returning to work in a timely manner, it can affect your ability to pay the bills and provide for your entire family. A severe injury that hampers your ability to perform the tasks of your position may force you to retrain for a different career requiring you to learn new work-skills.
In Washington State, we have the Industrial Insurance Act that was established to help people with work injury just like you. Consequently, a workman’s compensation lawyer that is highly experienced with Washington State’s workers compensation laws can help you to be compensated for all the lost wages and medical treatment and care needed to get you back on your feet.
Our workers’ compensation law firm in Renton, Washington
Reck Law – Workers’ Compensation Attorneys is a highly respected workers’ comp law firm where each experienced workers’ compensation lawyer can show for many years of success in helping and representing workers in Renton and the surrounding area. Our Renton workers’ compensation attorney office serves surrounding cities as well. Therefore, if you are looking for a Renton workers’ compensation law firm, please remember that our office helps injured workers in Kent, Renton, Burien, Des Moines, Maple Valley, Covington, Federal Way, Newcastle, North Bend, Tukwila, and Auburn. Every workers’ compensation attorney in the Renton office is available to represent you and appear in court in King County, Pierce County, Snohomish County and Skagit County.
If you’ve been injured while at work, know that our talented workers’ comp attorney staff exclusively handles workers’ compensation claim and L&I claim management and litigation. Through deft negotiation during the claim management process, or if you want us to work on your L&I claim settlement or litigation, we believe in you and we are on your side. If you or a loved one sustained a workplace injury while doing your job here in the Renton area in Washington State, or the communities around, contact our workers’ compensation attorney and law firm Renton office today for a free consultation about your case.
How does workers’ compensation work in King County and Pierce County?
Workers who get hurt while being at work should be protected from costly medical bills. They should also be paid for all the time they sit at home trying to recover, while they are unable to go to work on a regular basis. Washington State enacted the Industrial Insurance Act to protect those who have been hurt on the job. However, in order to take advantage of the benefits, you must file an L&I claim or a workers’ compensation claim in case of a self-insured employer. Then, you also need to understand the law or consult with an L&I lawyer to make sure you are being treated fairly by the Department of Labor and Industries (L&I) or the insurance company. If you need any input regarding your claim, contact any Renton workers’ compensation lawyer at our office to help you navigate through the complicated process of managing your workers comp claim and benefits.
Employers and insurance companies will do everything they can to protect themselves and their financials. They deny legitimate workman’s comp claims from workers who are injured on the job all the time. Unfortunately, they can also make the process as complicated and confusing as possible to make it as hard as possible for you to get the compensation you deserve. Every work injury attorney at Reck Law – Workers’ Compensation Attorneys law firm can wade through the red tape and overcome roadblocks to get you the most out of your claim. We manage your claim, collect much needed evidentiary support, and when your claim closes, we can negotiate your claim outcome or litigate your claim. We are on your side and we will utilize our best efforts to get you the maximum benefits you deserve under Washington State law.
L&I attorney to help with your L&I claim
Generally, we always recommend that injured workers consult with a qualified work injury lawyer. A good lawyer is mandated to have your best interests in mind. It’s always good to speak with an attorney before revealing any information or signing documents with the Department of Labor and Industries, claim managers, or third-party claim administrators (TPA).
A workers’ compensation claim managed by the experienced team of L&I attorney members at our law firm may seek to obtain a wide range of benefits in your case, including:
- Medical treatment for all the injuries you sustained on the job under your L&I claim or multiple claims
- Replacement of wages lost as a result of the injury, including securing time-loss benefits or loss other loss of earning benefits such as loss of earning power (LEP)
- Vocational retraining that best fit your needs and your schedule
- Permanent partial disability (PPD) for residual damages resulting for a workplace injury
- Permanent total disability (PTD) or pension for catastrophic injuries that may leave you unable to return to work in the future
Should you hire a workers’ compensation attorney and if so when?
The State of Washington’s workers compensation system does allow for you to file a claim to receive compensation on your own. This works great particularly for undisputed and straightforward L&I claims. However, you must keep in mind that employers and insurance representatives are not on your side. Claim managers and workers’ compensation claim administrators will not make it easy for you. They are likely to push back on claim acceptance, allowed condition under your L&I claim, authorization of medical exams, tests, procedures, and more.
L&I attorney to help with L&I claim
Workers’ comp claims get disputed all the time. Injured workers get frustrated and often just give up over time. A highly experienced workers’ comp attorney will leverage years of knowledge and expertise to make sure they do not take advantage of you. Our law firm, Reck Law – Workers Compensation Attorneys can be of great assistance in a wide range of circumstances involving a workplace injury claim, including:
- Workplace injuries that require extensive medical care and treatment
- Recovery time is expected to be a long-term investment
- You are left with physical limitations such as permanent partial disability (PPD) or total permanent disability that may require you to secure a pension
- Your workers’ compensation claim or L&I claim has been denied by your claim administrator
- You may have pre-existing physical conditions or prior physical issues or injuries involving the same body parts that you injured at work
- You’re experiencing delays in opening or allowing your claim or getting treatment for your condition
- The insurance company or L&I is denying medical tests and treatment, preventing you from getting better and going back to work
- Work status or availability is severely or totally curtailed due to the injury
- You are applying or receiving Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI), which can conflict with Washington State L&I benefits
- Your time loss compensation payments have ceased unfairly
- You feel that your claim closed for unjustified or unfair reasons
- You need to appeal the decisions taken by your L&I claim manager
- Additional medical treatment is needed after your claim may close
- You have a hearing coming up for appealing decisions regarding your L&I claim or workers’ compensation claim
What happens after I hire a workman’s compensation attorney?
Every workers’ compensation attorney at our workers’ compensation law firm in Renton is 100% dedicated to representing workers who have suffered injuries on the job. Workers’ compensation law is the only area of law that we handle. Our workman’s compensation lawyer and legal staff are focused on your case and bring decades of experience in helping injured workers recover, both medically and financially. Reck Law – Workers Compensation Attorneys law firm will partner with you and your family to create a comprehensive case strategy using legal parameters to move your L&I claim forward. We will fight to make the best out of your claim and the evidence to support it.
We helped hundreds if not thousands of persons with work injury claims to date. While managing your L&I claim or workers’ comp claim, we undertake a significant portion of the heavy lifting. Among the services we perform to seek your medical treatment and financial compensation are:
- Communicating with your L&I claim manager or third-party workers’ compensation insurance administrator to ensure they follow the law
- Gathering medical evidence and other evidentiary pieces as needed to help your L&I claim outcome
- When applicable, negotiating the best settlement we can achieve
- Appealing unfair decisions in your workers’ compensation claim to reverse them as required
- Full representation throughout the settlement or litigation process (as applicable)
- Fight for your rights under the law at the Board of Industrial Insurance Appeals (BIIA), King County Superior Court, Pierce County Superior Court, Snohomish County Superior Court, or any other courts as needed
Best case strategy for workers’ compensation claims
Representing workers who have been injured on the job is all that we do. We use our law firm’s case history to develop the best-case strategy to make sure you get the medical treatment you need. Furthermore, we take advantage of years of personal relationships and experiences with local medical providers and physicians to find you the best doctors that can help. We are here to ensure you get the maximum compensation benefits under your claim.
A qualified workman’s compensation attorney or any top L&I attorney will investigate your claim and gather pertinent evidence to support your case. Common types of medical evidence we will use in your case include:
- Records of doctor visits, treatment, and medical exams
- Finding medical experts and deposing them to support your claim
- Using our network to find expert witnesses that can help support and build your case
- Intervening with medical procedures whenever you need us to back you up
- Gathering the opinions of your treating providers and physicians to ensure they align with your legal strategy
- Working with you to set up Physical Capacities Evaluation (PCE) or setting up a Functional Capacities Evaluation (FCE) whenever you are at the stage of your claim that calls for these exam procedures
- Overseeing and handling independent medical exams (IME) outcomes
Moreover, depending on your claim, we will manage and handle other aspects of your workers’ compensation claim:
- Find vocational experts that work with injured workers to provide expert testimony regarding the physical demands of your job, and what you can and cannot do
- Oversee your vocational counselor activities to ensure proper treatment in vocational retraining services
- And many others
Let us manage your workers’ compensation claims process
The workers’ compensation legal team at our Renton workers’ compensation law firm will work to ease the burden of the workers’ compensation process for you and your family. We will manage every aspect of the process and represent your best interests and get the best results we can achieve under the unique circumstances of your work injury claim.
CRSSA or Structured Settlements
One possible outcome of a workers’ compensation claim is to reach a structured settlement or CRSSA that will compensate you for the damages caused by your workplace injury. Our workman’s compensation attorney will evaluate the facts around your case, and using their experience fighting insurance company tactics will recommend you the best path to proceed and negotiate an agreement on your behalf. In the event you want to pursue a settlement, we also ensure that settlement agreements are written in a way that will prevent issues from occurring down the line in your future.
Whether you are attending an administrative hearing, need to take your workman’s compensation claim or case to trial before a workers’ comp board judge or in superior court, we are prepared to represent you during all phases of the process. If necessary, we will help you appeal any rulings to the Board of Industrial Insurance Appeals (BIIA) or litigate at Superior Court in King County, Snohomish County, Pierce County, or other counties in Washington State. In very rare complicated cases, if we need to, we will take your case all the way up to the Washington State Supreme Court.
Contact a workers’ comp lawyer today
Being injured on the job can lead to serious personal consequences that can affect your whole family and the quality of your life. If you were injured at work in the Renton area or nearby places such as Tukwila, Kent, Burien, Auburn, Federal Way, Maple Valley, Newcastle, Des Moines, Covington and North Bend, then let us help with your Washington State workers’ compensation claim. Contact our legal experts for free consultation, free claim investigation, or to see how else a work injury lawyer can help with your L&I claim.