Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Kent
Phone: (425) 800-8195
707 S Grady Way #600
Renton, WA 98057
Are you looking for a Kent workers’ compensation attorney or law firm? Do you need a top L&I attorney in Kent, Washington, to help you with your L&I claim in King County or other counties in the Greater Seattle metro area? We are one of the leading workers’ comp law firms in Washington State and our local office serves injured workers in Kent, Auburn, Burien, Tukwila, Federal Way, Renton and more. In fact, we have clients all over the state, and we help injured workers with L&I claims wherever they need us.
Whether you have an L&I claim or a workers’ compensation claim with a certified self-insured employer or a privately insured employer, we are here to manage every aspect of your workers’ comp work injury claim.
What happens after I get injured at work?
Workers who get injured on the job or develop a work-related illness because of their employment conditions can wind up suffering serious negative consequences that affect their health and ability to work. Medical bills and lost payroll wages during recovery often result in getting behind on paying for mortgage or household items, or even basic things like food and bills, and adequately providing for your family.
Emotional stress and anxiety that develop after a workplace accident may lead to more medical bills and hamper your ability to get back to work. The Washington State workers’ compensation laws are designed to make sure workers who are injured on the job will receive fair compensation, with the goal of helping them recover and go back to work, if they can. Your medical bills and the paychecks you miss from your employer while you are not working are some of the benefits available to injured workers in the Kent and throughout Washington State. We know, because over the years we helped many work injury claimants everywhere in the area, from Renton, Covington, Newcastle, Maple Valley, Des Moines, all the way to North Bend.
Experienced Kent workers’ compensation attorney and law firm
Each Kent workers’ comp attorney at our law firm comes with many years of successful experience representing work injury victims. Every L&I lawyer in our office exclusively handles Washington State workers’ compensation claims and workers’ comp law. We use our skill and negotiation techniques to pursuit the best outcome and highest level of representation in your workers’ comp or L&I claim.
Suffering an injury at work and dealing with the complications that arise after the injury can be extremely frustrating, to say the least. The workers compensation laws in Washington State are in place to help workers who got hurt on the job. While filing the claim with L&I is a simple procedure, managing the claim in a way that truly benefits the injured worker can be very challenging. Especially while you’re trying to heal, get better, and take care of your loved ones at the same time.
Many L&I claims are denied or rejected, and even if they are approved, L&I claim managers may not recognize your injury as an allowed condition. In some cases, L&I claim managers might not approve necessary medical treatment, or leave you hanging while you are looking for help. Simply put, L&I claim management is very complex. We are here to help. If you or a friend or a family member suffer an injury while on the job, then call us for a free consultation and we’ll go over your claim with you. We also offer free claim investigation services at no cost, and we can tell you if you need to hire a workers’ compensation attorney in Kent or anywhere else or suggest steps to manage your claim on your own.
A workers’ comp attorney protects employees hurt on the job
It doesn’t matter who’s at fault when you are hurt on the job or while at work. Also, it doesn’t matter if you are a full-time salaried employee, hourly employee, or even a temporary worker helping your employer out on occasion. Washington State workers’ compensation laws ensure injured workers, or workers that develop an occupational disease, will receive compensation for expenses directly related to the workplace injury or illness.
Workers can be hurt in a variety of ways. A workman’s comp attorney at the Reck Law – Workers Compensation Attorneys law firm will represent those who have suffered any kind of industrial injury or occupational disease, including:
- Hearing loss claim and conditions
- Joint injuries, including knee and shoulder injuries
- CRPS, TBI and other complicated conditions
- Back injuries, such as lower back or upper back injuries
- Carpal tunnel syndrome and other neurological illnesses
- Crush injuries
- Simple or compound fractures
- Slip and fall injuries
- Exposure to hazardous or toxic substances
- Many others
Do I really need a workers’ compensation attorney?
Workers should not be negatively affected by medical bills or wages lost while recovering from a workplace injury. If you are hurt while on the clock at work, you deserve to be fully protected if injured while performing the normal functions of your day-to-day job activities. Managing and fighting your L&I claim with the help of a workers’ compensation lawyer in Kent can help you go after the benefits you are deserve by law, including:
- Compensation for medical tests, bills, doctor visits, and all other medical aspects relating to your work injuries
- Vocational rehabilitation and retraining to get you back on track towards a professional career
- Payments for hours you missed at work while trying to recover from your work injury
- Medical bills for the treatment and rehab
- Permanent partial disability when applicable and as appropriate
- Permanent total disability in certain circumstances
- Pension and future payments if you are never able to return to work
You may really enjoy your day job, the place where you work, and the people who work there. You may even be quite fond of your boss and the team that runs the business where you work. But make no mistake. When it comes to injured workers and getting actual payment for medical and other issues that come up after a workplace injury, in vast majority of the cases, your employer is not on your side.
In many cases, the company you work for will do everything in their power to prevent you from getting the compensation for your injuries that you deserve. Why? Because their workers’ compensation insurance rates will likely be increasing, causing them out of pocket expenses. The process for filing a workers’ compensation claim is already complicated and your bosses and their insurance representatives will work to make your L&I claim even more complex. Some employers try to confuse workers in hopes you will drop your claim to get it over with and move forward.
Finding a top workers’ compensation attorney in Kent, Washington
Workers in the Pierce County, King County, Snohomish County, and the Kent area at large who are hurt on the job deserve professional legal representation to recover or secure benefits resulting from industrial injuries or occupational disease. A work injury lawyer at the law firm of Reck Law – Workers’ Compensation Attorneys can use their vast experience of successful negotiation and litigation to wade through the maze of paperwork and regulatory issues to get you the results you need to move on with your life.
Minor injuries like a twisted ankle or a small cut that do not result in significant treatment, rehabilitation, medical bills, or lost time at work can generally be handled by you without the help of an experienced workman’s compensation lawyer. However, if you’re going to be out of work for a while, or need extensive or extended treatment or rehabilitation, it is in your best interests to take advantage of a free consultation with a work injury attorney.
At what point should you hire a workers’ comp lawyer?
You may file an L&I claim for injuries suffered while on the job on your own with your doctor. But, when it comes to managing your claim and getting the best outcome, we strongly recommend that you consult or hire a workers’ comp attorney. After all, in most cases, your employer will certainly have a highly experienced workman’s comp attorney at their disposal to try to deny you benefits to minimize their claim-related costs. Many employers are known to dispute claims for most innocuous reasons just to avoid having to pay out those increased insurance costs.
At our Kent workers’ compensation law firm, which is physically located in Renton, we know the workers’ compensation laws in Washington State and the techniques the employers use to get injured workers to drop their claims and get back to work. Don’t let them take advantage of you. Let a workman’s compensation lawyer represent you to overcome your L&I claim challenges and roadblocks. Common circumstances where a qualified L&I attorney can be of great value to you and your family include:
- Your L&I claim is denied by your employer or they don’t provide benefits in a timely manner
- Injuries prevent you from returning to work in your former position or to any type of work
- Your employer uses retaliation tactics against you for filing an L&I claim
- The employer is fighting the allowance or other steps in your workers’ compensation claim
- More medical treatment is needed after your claim is closed
- You received a structured settlement offer (CRSSA) from your employer or from L&I and you are not sure if you should take it or negotiate a better settlement
- You have a workers’ compensation hearing coming up, in which case it is always a good idea to talk to an L&I attorney
Have your workers’ comp lawyer cast a claim strategy
Many workers’ compensation cases need the aggressive yet constructive approach to moving an L&I claim forward, in the direction you want it to go. At our Workers’ Compensation law firm in Kent, every workers’ compensation lawyer is highly experienced and focused on workers’ comp claims. That’s the only area of law that we practice.
Every workers’ comp lawyer creates effective strategies to ensure that injured workers get the treatment and care they need, to get back to work if they can. And if they cannot, we ensure that you receive the appropriate financial benefits or retraining you need to make changes in your life to get back on your feet. There are several workers’ compensation benefits you can go after and they include permanent partial disability (PPD) or even a pension.
L&I claim investigation and litigation procedures used by legal experts specializing in workers’ compensation law will collect and present all the evidence we need to represent and support your case. For example, for medical evidence we will look at the following (among many others):
- Acquisition and analysis of all pertinent records from medical facilities and medical opinions by treating physicians related to work injuries
- Medical treatment management complete with reliable doctor recommendations
- Scheduling and coordinating depositions of relevant medical experts
- Lining up experts and expert witnesses to provide testimony
- Medical examinations administered by panels of experts or other medical professionals (known as Independent Medical Exam or IME)
- Evaluations that will allow your claim manager and vocational counselor determine whether you can return to work, such as Physical Capacities Evaluation (PCE), or Functional Capacities Evaluation (FCE), as they case may be
Additional miscellaneous considerations:
- Testimony by vocational experts and work rehabilitation professionals
- Vocational retraining services and oversight of your vocational counselor services to ensure your vocational providers are working towards your best interests
- Ensuring you are heading towards a sustainable future after you reach maximum medical improvement (MMI)
Contact a workers’ compensation lawyer to help manage your L&I claim
Every workers’ comp attorney will work hard to make the entire process as easy on you and your family as possible. An experienced workers’ compensation lawyer will work to get the best L&I claim approach, or litigation or structured settlement possible as needed, depending on the facts and circumstances of your claim. Also, when talking to a workers’ compensation attorney, make sure they are prepared to take your case to trial if necessary and that they have the relevant experience.
If you or someone you know was hurt on the job in Kent or the surrounding communities, including Kent, Renton, Federal Way, Auburn, Tukwila, Burien, Auburn, and others, you can trust the legal professionals at Reck Law – Workers’ Compensation Attorneys to represent your case and make the most out of your workers’ compensation claim outcome in Washington State.