Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Bellevue
Phone: (206) 395-6141
2731 77th Ave SE
Mercer Island, WA 98040
There is a lot of stress that follows a work injury sustained on the job. As if the physical pain isn’t enough, if you were seriously injured you are left stranded, devastated and in despair. There are many uncertainties after a workplace injury. You must be wondering how you will be able to continue providing for your family and pay for basic living expenses such as food and bills. And if your injuries have left you incapable of continuing with the same kind of work, there is the added stress of worrying about the future.
Many people that suffer a work injury need to be retrained and change their professional life. Others may not be able to go back to work at all because of their injury at work. In such harsh times, the important thing to remember is that you are not alone. We are here for you and we believe you and believe in you – We fight for injured workers as we have for many years, and get the job done.
We help people with work injury in Bellevue and across Washington State
Reck Law – Workers’ Compensation Attorneys is a workers’ compensation law firm in Bellevue and its surrounding areas and serves the Bellevue-Washington community via its physical office in Mercer Island, Washington. We are here to ensure that you get the financial compensation that you so rightfully deserve after you’re injured at work. Not just for lost wages and the time out of work, but also for proper medical care and complete coverage of medical bills so that your path to recovery is quick and complete. According to the workers’ compensation law in Washington State, you are entitled to this compensation. And we, as your workers’ compensation attorney in Bellevue, are here to see that those who hired you live up to their promise of providing aid when you need it the most.
Our skilled team specializes in helping injured workers receive the compensation they deserve. If the Department of Labor and Industries (L&I) issues any unjust decisions, we will appeal them and take it up the chain of command. We will represent you in front of L&I and the Board of Industrial Insurance Appeals (BIIA). If we need to, we will also litigate your case in Superior Court in King County, Pierce County, Snohomish County, and others. After you heal from your injuries, if there’s still an ongoing dispute that you wish to settle, we will help negotiate your CRSSA settlement or litigate when the occasion demands it.
Where are some of your clients located?
If you are looking for a Bellevue workers’ compensation law firm, please consider Reck Law – Workers’ Compensation Attorneys. We serve work injury claimants from the Bellevue area in our office in Mercer Island. Our Bellevue workers’ compensation attorney and law firm office serves many people that got hurt on the job in Seattle, Bellevue, Issaquah, Redmond, Kirkland, and Sammamish. If you are looking for a workers compensation attorney in Bellevue and you live in the vicinity, know that we also take clients in Everett, Marysville, Shoreline, Edmonds, Lynnwood, Mount Vernon, Lake Stevens, SeaTac, Mercer Island, and Kenmore. We even have clients that we either represent or provide consultations about L&I claims and workers’ compensation claims in Mukilteo, Mountlake Terrace, Mill Creek, Snoqualmie, Woodinville, Newcastle, Snohomish, North Bend, and Bothell.
Our expertise lies in handling workers’ compensation law, workers’ compensation claims and L&I claims. Every L&I claim or workers’ comp claim is handled with care and the attention it deserves from our dedicated and caring staff. Our promise is that we will do our best to get you compensated for your pains as we possess many years of experience with helping injured workers with all types of workman’s compensation cases in Washington State. Our staff is always available to talk and help.
If you were injured at work and need help with your L&I claim or a self-insured employer claim, call us today for a free consultation with our dedicated and talented team of workers’ compensation lawyer staff. You have struggled long enough. It’s our turn to fight for you in Seattle, Bellevue, Issaquah and surrounding cities.
What do we do, to make this process easy for you?
We ensure that those who are handling your workers’ comp claim follow all the requirements dictated by the workers’ compensation law. This law demands the protection of workers who were injured on the job. Unfortunately, it is all too common for employers or their insurance companies to deny legitimate workers’ compensation claims or impede the progress of claims. If your claim is denied, for example, we see too many workers left to fend for themselves, filing appeals in a complex system that they have no knowledge of.
The struggle, combined with the pain from their injuries, is tremendous and torturous, which explains why people eventually give up and stop pursuing their rights under the law. That’s a victory to the employer and the insurance company or to L&I. Not everyone who claims to be a friend is trustworthy. Claim managers and third-party claim administrators report to the insurance companies and have their own goals in mind. A workers’ compensation lawyers hired by your employer, and L&I claim managers, claim adjusters working for the L&I or a third-party administrator are not on your side.
It is imperative for you to speak to a workers’ compensation attorney before signing any document with your employer or L&I, for your L&I claim, or revealing any important information. If you run into any obstacles in your L&I claim or if you think the system is mistreating you, then you need to hire a workers’ comp attorney.
Our staff members, including every workers’ compensation attorney at Reck Law, are caring and are highly experienced and fully dedicated to representing workers’ compensation claimants. This is the only area of law that we handle, which allows us to focus on our injured worker clients. We do our utmost to ensure that you receive the benefits you deserve through your L&I or self-insured work injury claim. We encourage you to consider hiring us to allow us to do the work for you, while you focus on getting better.
What happens after you hire us?
When you hire us as your workers’ comp lawyer, here are some of the things that we do on your behalf:
- We drive your claim from start to finish and instruct you what to do next in order to prevail
- Take over the communications with L&I or the self-insured employer and insurance company
- Collect and gather all the medical (and other) evidence we need to support your workers’ compensation claim or L&I claim, to make the most of the claim outcome
- After you reach maximum medical improvement (MMI), if there are more lingering issues, if you wish to settle your claim, we will negotiate your settlement with L&I or your employer’s insurance company
- File appeals and appear before the Board of Industrial Insurance Appeal (BIIA) or King County Superior Court (or other courts as needed), to reverse claim related decisions
- Represent you throughout the litigation process in Superior Court in King County, Pierce County Superior Court, Snohomish County Superior Court, or elsewhere, and beyond, if and as applicable
From negotiation to litigation, each workman’s compensation lawyer at our firm is here to manage all the complex processes to guarantee that you get the compensation you are entitled to receive. Our compassionate lawyers understand your pain and struggle. This is why we make it our duty to develop the best workers’ compensation claim and case strategy by gathering all the evidence for your L&I claim ourselves. We want you to keep your focus on getting better only, while we take care of all the processes, procedures, and legal concerns that come with having an ongoing claim.
If you are looking for some of the best L&I attorney in all of Washington State, we recommend you consider the L&I lawyer staff at Reck Law – Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Bellevue, today. We represent people like you in Bellevue, Seattle, Redmond, Kirkland, Issaquah and other cities in the area such as Sammamish, North Bend, Woodinville, and beyond. Our adept workers’ compensation lawyers are more than willing to help you with your work injury claim, whether it is an L&I claim or with an employer that carries its own workers’ compensation insurance.
How do I know if I should hire a Washington State workers’ compensation attorney?
You don’t need to hire a workers’ compensation lawyer if you have a simple and straightforward case. If you get hurt at work, go see a doctor right away and tell your medical provider you suffered a job injury – your doctor will file an L&I claim for you. At that point, L&I will work to allow or deny your claim, and the physical conditions associated with your injury under your claim. Then, if the claim is allowed, they will pay for your medical treatment until you are at maximum medical improvement (MMI), and get a monetary compensation for any residual issues that remain. If you miss any time from work because of your injury, you should also be getting time-loss compensation benefits to pay for the time off work while recovering.
Unfortunately, in many claims, things do not go as smoothly as they should. Many workers that got hurt while doing their work duties find themselves faced with claim disputes and rejection. Hence, they often must deal with a complex case. This is where a workman’s compensation lawyer should come in. A good workers’ compensation attorney will gather enough evidence to not only challenge and appeal the disputes, but also to build a strong case for you to guarantee that you get the most you can ask for out of your L&I claim. This requires a vast amount of legal knowledge and expertise as well as strong medical connections and personal relationships. Only a workman’s compensation attorney can provide you with everything you need to deal with this burdensome process.
Special situations in workers’ compensation claims
If you find yourself in any of the following situations, or even if you wish for someone to take over your L&I claim management process, we strongly recommend hiring a workman’s compensation attorney:
- There are claim related decisions that seem unjustified to you. For example, if your L&I claim is denied or your work injury diagnosis is not an allowed condition under your claim.
- Your injuries require extensive medical treatment that will take a long time.
- The medical conditions will require you to take medication or get treatment for the rest of your life.
- Your L&I claim manager or third-party claim administrator is refusing medical procedures or tests.
- You think you are not getting the medical treatment you need, because of long delays or denials from the insurance company.
- Your claim closed and you still need additional medical treatment.
- You are going to need a long period of time off work to get better and recover.
- Your time-loss compensation benefits were put on pause or completely stopped.
- You had a pre-existing condition or injury with the same or approximately the same body area or body part that you injured at work.
- Your injury has caused you to have a permanent disability or a permanent partial disability (PPD), or if your PPD rating you received by your attending physician is under dispute.
- You will never be able to work again because of your injury.
- You won’t be able to go back to your job of injury and must be retrained to change your career.
- You’re either applying for or already receiving Social Security, which are federal benefits.
- You appealed some decisions and actions in your claim and you are headed into a hearing in the future.
If you are faced with any of the above situations, we are here to help you. Each Bellevue workers’ compensation attorney is here to assist you with every step of the way and ensuring that your workers’ compensation claim gets the attention it deserves. You have to get the proper medical care you are entitled to receive. You have to get enough time off of work to recover. There are no shortcuts. We strive to achieve all of that by aiding you throughout the process.
Developing the best workers’ compensation claim and case strategy
We not only want to help with a speedy recovery by making sure your L&I claim pays for your medical bills. We also want to see you live the best life possible after your workplace injury. This can only be accomplished if you have a strong case to ensure that you get the compensation and benefits that you deserve, to take care of any issues that may arise in the future because of the injury.
We work on your behalf as your work injury lawyer. As your work injury attorney, one of the most important things we do is tailor the best strategy to maximize the chances that your claim manager will approve all or most of your L&I claim benefits. Our perceptive workplace injury lawyer staff and paralegals identify the strengths and weaknesses of your claim, and work to bolster it by gathering the required medical evidence, vocational evidence, and all other required materials. This includes:
- Getting caring doctors to see you and putting together all the medical records and evidence we need to represent you properly
- Deposing medical experts to rebuttal L&I and position your claim where it needs to be
- Using our personal network and experience to hire supportive expert witnesses
- Setting up or recommending medical treatment by certain doctors
- Getting medical opinions from practicing physicians in areas of expertise that strongly relate to your work injury and workers’ compensation claim
- Setting up and helping you through your Physical Capacities Evaluation (PCE) or a special exam called Functional Capacities Evaluation (FCE) whenever the time comes
- Guiding you through the process of taking an Independent Medical Exam (IME), and what to do or not to do in this exam
Managing your workers’ compensation claim process
After you reach Maximum Medical Improvement (MMI), we take the helm to make sure that your future work situation is best suited for you. We do this by:
- If you are unable to return to work, then we fight to get you a pension.
- If you’re capable of working again, however you have disabilities or other medical issues for life, then we fight to get you the maximum monetary compensation you are entitled to under the workers’ compensation law.
- Is your injury preventing you from returning to your original job? We will make sure you are being set for retraining and get the maximum out of your retraining process.
- We will meet with your vocational services person or vocational counselor to make sure you are treated fairly.
At Reck Law – Workers’ Compensation Attorneys, we understand that you are already going through a lot of pain and suffering. We empathize with your struggle and wish to make the legal proceedings easier and hassle-free for you. Hence, every work injury attorney at our firm manages every aspect of your workers’ compensation claim process.
L&I claim case evaluation and assessment
Our workman’s comp lawyer first assesses the value of your case, paying close attention to each and every factor. This includes all medical expenses and the time-loss benefits and lost wages you may have missed. We use this information and our experience and extensive knowledge to counter all tactics employed by insurance companies to deny your rightful claim for benefits.
Finally, we make sure that if L&I or the insurance company tries to pull any tricks, to take advantage of you the injured worker, that we are positioned to overturn any unfavorable decisions and overcome obstacles.
Representation at a workers’ comp hearing or trial
Sometimes, L&I claim representatives or insurance company administrators refuse to approve benefits that work injury victims are supposed to get under the law. Whether it is moneys or medical treatment, will fight to appeal and reverse decisions for as long as we have to.
From doing all the work during the discovery phase, to writing your protests and pleadings and ensuring that all documents are submitted by their deadlines, we take care of all the various steps. We are here to help you avoid the extra stress and hassle that always accompanies any legal proceeding, especially under the workers’ compensation system.
On top, if the results of your appeal or hearing are not to your satisfaction, your L&I lawyer will assist you in appealing at the Board of Industrial Insurance Appeals (BIIA), and then through litigating at Superior Court.
What will it cost me to hire a workers’ compensation attorney?
Our law firm, Reck Law – Workers’ Compensation Attorneys recognizes that you are already going through a financial crisis. The last thing we want to do is to add to your burden, which is why we offer free consultations or free claim investigation. Also, in Washington State, workers’ compensation cases are handled on a contingency fee basis. This means that the attorney does not bill per hour and the client pays only a percentage of their settlement or litigation outcome.
Attorney fees are not fixed, and fall in a certain range, and should be discussed prior to hiring a workers’ compensation attorney. But rest assured, work injury victims who hire a competent workers’ comp lawyer commonly might receive monetary compensation several times larger than they could negotiate on their own. In other words, injured workers are likely to end up with more financial compensation even after paying attorney fees, rather than going through the legal proceedings by themselves.
Were you wounded at work and need help with your L&I claim? Get your free consultation today! Call one of the best L&I attorney law firm in Bellevue and see how we can help. We are ready to fight for you with all our expertise, in Bellevue, Mercer Island, Seattle, Issaquah, Redmond and other locations and municipalities nearby.